Registration for the conference is mandatory for the submission of abstracts and proceedings (please check important information available on the Pricing page). The submission form will only become available in the participant’s personal dashboard once its account has been activated by our administrative staff.
The act of submitting an abstract/proceeding constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to deliver an in-person presentation of the work at the 6th CiiEM Congress 2023, in the event the submission is accepted.
The Organizing Committee will make the final decision regarding acceptance or rejection, as well as the mode of presentation (poster or oral), in accordance with the recommendations of the Scientific Committee and author(s) preferences. These decisions will be communicated to the authors by the specified deadline.
Authors are required to select a single topic for their abstract. the available topics are aligned with the anticipated impacts of Clusters 1 and 6 of the Horizon Europe Strategic Plan 2021 – 2024. For a complete list of available topics, please refer to the following link:
It is necessary to adhere to the provided template and its formatting guidelines while submitting the abstract. Failure to comply with these guidelines, along with the rules specified in the abstract/proceedings template, will lead to automatic rejection of the submission.
- Research papers can be submitted as either abstracts (published only on the CiiEM website), or both as abstracts (published only on the CiiEM website) and proceedings (published open access in the Medical Sciences Forum journal).
- Literature reviews will not be considered for publication, either as abstracts on the CiiEM website or as proceedings in Medical Sciences Forum.
- All submissions should be made using the online submission form.
- The submission deadline is 2nd June 2023.
- The official language for submissions is English.
- Authors are responsible for ensuring that their work is written in good English and must arrange for additional editing if necessary. For this purpose, we recommend using DeepL Write (https://www.deepl.com/write).
- Abstracts and proceedings are required to be submitted through the online submission form.
- Authors’ names and affiliations should not be included in the abstract itself, instead they should be inserted in the submission form.
- Abstracts are limited to 500 words excluding acknowledgements.
- Proceedings are limited to a maximum of 4 pages.
- It is mandatory the use of the designated templates, for abstract submission (6th-EMISC-Abstracts.docx) and for proceeding submission (6th-EMISC-Proceedings.docx).
- All papers will be subject to a peer review process by the Abstract Reviewing Committee under the administration of the Medical Sciences Forum volume editors.
- Reviews will be conducted by expert referees according to the professional and scientific standards expected of a proceedings journal.
- Notification to authors of approved/rejected abstracts/proceedings and type of presentation (oral/poster): by 26 June 2023.